This is the marketing Control section of a full example marketing plan available on this site for download. This will save you and your company the time and money it would take to formulate your own from scratch. Read more below.
Once approval has been obtained the institution will move swiftly to implement the marketing plan. Controls will be put in place to monitor and measure the results of the project to ensure the desired objectives are achieved. Following are descriptions of marketing control and a sample controls chart:
Marketing Plan Controls Example
This process assists the marketing managers by guiding their marketing efforts within parameters established by the environment and internal resources. The control function should be placed on high importance, as it does not only control and evaluate activity, but it assists managers in developing their skills in order to provide sound management of this function. The proven objectives and purposes of the plan are as follows:
- It ensures that the chosen sphere of marketing activities is optimal for the company.
- Assists in measuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that the marketing objectives set forth by the company during the planning stage are achieved.
- Re-evaluates objectives and the marketing performance.
- Evaluates the level of adoption of the marketing concept within the marketing function and other functions at the company.
- Tests new services, new advertising and promotional campaigns, etc.
- Explains why success was not achieved and suggests methods for avoiding future failures.
- Helps to identify the individuals responsible for success or failure of the marketing plan.
- Assists in modifying individual behavior within the organization.
- Develops a better understanding of the various marketing activities and the influence of the marketing mix variables on such activities.
- Helps marketing managers develop a capacity to establish forecasts and evaluate existing programs and future marketing plans.
Control is of major importance for the success of marketing productivity.
The work program is designed to assist Management in keeping the Bank on the course to success is detailed in the following table:
Marketing Controls Chart
|Activity||Performed by||Date / Frequency|
|Complete Performance evaluation of sales staff||Marketing Manager||Annually|
|Review salaries and other incentives of the sales staff||Marketing Manager||Annually|
|Measure financial results against projections||Marketing Manager / Accountant||Monthly / Quarterly / Annually|
|Carry out survey to determine customers’ satisfaction with the product and the service quality.||Internal Audit||Annually|
|Diagnose any gap / shortfall to identify the causes for such gap / shortfall and recommend corrective measures||Internal Audit||As necessary|
|Take corrective action||Marketing Manager||As necessary|
Download a copy of the marketing plan control sample.